Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The boys are back



That's right folks! They're back and ready to make sweet, sweet love to you in your dreams ladies, so watch out!! Light Grenades (Incubus' sixth full length album) went on sale Nov 28th, I ordered mine already, pre-ordered lagi, jangan main-main, but it's taking a while to get here. I have mixed feelings about this album as I have listened to the 30 second samples available on their official website. Some songs sound good...others made me wonder 'what in the heck were they thinking?' but it was the same for A Crow Left of The Murder too, Incubus has a tendency to reinvent/revamp their musical genius every album...a luxury some bands cannot grasp the idea of. Say what you will, but at the end of the day everybody has their own take on what is good and not. I personally respect others for their taste in music, movies, food, literature, etc., so if you don't like Incubus that's fine with me, just don't shove it in my face. But if you don't like Nasi Lemak then...there's something seriously wrong with you. Seriously.

I'm back in business too, our internet went a little loco the last couple of weeks, we weren't sure what the problem was. Turns out one of my housemates computers as well as mine may have picked up a virus. So we had to do what anyone else would have done. Reformat our computers; and now they're running like brand new, well not really, more like after 6 months of use with some spyware symptoms, RAM and Hard drive size deficiencies.

I mentioned updating on my work out routine. It's been going well, 4-5 days of cardio a week, weights every other day. Results on the other hand seem to put a damper on the whole idea, but I'm not giving up! I know abs are the hardest to see any results in and perhaps its time I up the ante. Maybe it's just me but I have noticed the midsection being a little leaner than before I started the 5 cardio sessions a week. Then again, I haven't fully watched my diet, as of this typing, 3 bars of Kinder Bueno await their doom i.e. consumption. Maybe I'll just settle for a firm tummy. Sheesh I feel so shallow right now, but whatever man. Also I might have to take a break from gymming for a few days (oh calamity!). I've been having these throbbing headaches and according to one of my housemates it may be because of a knot I have in my shoulder, in fact that was actually justified when he started massaging my shoulder and the pain went straight to my head. But who knows, it could be anything, I'll definitely visit the doctor some time soon.

Jamming hasn't gone as well as I thought it would have. We've missed two jam sessions but with good reason. Last week a friend met with an accident, he's ok he just had to settle the insurance stuff that Tuesday so we missed that session. And this week, well the weathers been awfully cold as of late, the roads are bad and it made sense not to drive in such conditions. Oh well, perhaps more time for us to practice the songs on our own. Lets hope things go well next week shall we?



1 Comments:

Anonymous xPheOniXx said...

can't wait to see them live...haha

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home